Having myself, been brought up in a very religious family, I still wonder in amazement how religious folks fail to see that were they to give a critical eye to religion in the same way they might other aspects of there lives, say planning their retirement, buying a house, or entering into legal contracts, the "burden of proof" factor would never be met. I mean, the vast majority of what they are basing their belief systems on, is, under any other name, hearsay.
Karl. I'm sure you're a decent well meaning person, and honestly, I can't quite be sure what you were going on about down there, but with all due respect, the first 17 lines or so was a very nice talk about nihilism, then something very peculiar happened. It's as though you decided to, tongue in cheek, prove what this thread is all about. Very quirky. Thank you, I think. ;>}
Fred. Not to be disrespectful, but funny, down through the years, I could have sworn it was my hard work that provided me with the money to acquire my home and all the other things I have and enabled me to go the places I've gone, many beautiful places, to buy my gym pass, to have my chihuahua's, etc., ad infinitum. Imagine my surprise to be informed, now, that it was some religious stuff that for the most part has left me with the impression of being a little difficult to incorporate into any belief systems I might have wanted to employ, that ended up giving me all this stuff. I'd say thanks but I wouldn't know who to address it to. Thank you for the consideration though.

And Scott. Oh Scott. You do know how to bring out the defensive in folks, don't you! ;>} While your observation is interesting, it hardly mirrors the facts, pray tell. In these 60 years, with my IQ of 142, I believe, (see, atheists can believe), I've managed a little more than "s
Fred. Not to be disrespectful, but funny, down through the years, I could have sworn it was my hard work that provided me with the money to acquire my home and all the other things I have and enabled me to go the places I've gone, many beautiful places, to buy my gym pass, to have my chihuahua's, etc., ad infinitum. Imagine my surprise to be informed, now, that it was some religious stuff that for the most part has left me with the impression of being a little difficult to incorporate into any belief systems I might have wanted to employ, that ended up giving me all this stuff. I'd say thanks but I wouldn't know who to address it to. Thank you for the consideration though.

And Scott. Oh Scott. You do know how to bring out the defensive in folks, don't you! ;>} While your observation is interesting, it hardly mirrors the facts, pray tell. In these 60 years, with my IQ of 142, I believe, (see, atheists can believe), I've managed a little more than "s