Hello everyone. Recently I decided to leave Metro Pcs because I hate it. Dropped calls, EXTREMELY slow internet, and too much error pop ups when I try to text and stuff. I decided to switch to Sprint and get the iphone 5. The reception on Sprint Network where I live and do daily errands is great (I live in NY),

My dilemma is, I want to port my existing number from Metro to Sprint. Sprint asked for the account number BUT while on metro, I was on a family plan with my mother. She paid the bills and everything, but I don't know if we share the same account number or not. Every time a bill is paid whether I use my number or her number to pay it off, we BOTH receive the same message with the same account number. Do we have a joint account number?

I don't want to end up porting her number instead of mines. Sprint also ask for social security number, so if I use our joint account number, will my social security number be linked to MY existing number. Is that how they can tell which number to port.

I'm so confused and want to do this right! Please help!

Thank You in advance