Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could this be my sisters allergies or is she sick? How can I help her feel better?

Well, I am 18 and the oldest of five kids (18, 17, 16, 15, 14, & 14). My mom works sort of an opposite schedule from our school schedule so we don't tend to see her to much (which we are all fine with since we don't get along to well anyways, but that's not the point) and my dad died when I was young. Well, anyways, I guess you could say I sort of keep me and my siblings together. I am asking this question because my little sister (14) has these weird symptoms.

Every since the end of November she has been having normal seasonal allergies and she takes allergy medicine for them along with an asthma medication for them normally, but even when she was taking her medicine, she was still coughing, gagging, and sneezing like crazy all of the time (even if she is inside all day). By the end of November, she started to get red splotches all over her face, arms, neck, back, and legs (they almost look like patches of skin that are sun burnt in a way, but not as red). Then last week, she was complaining about her throat being really sore and her mouth itching. And finally, yesterday, she started throwing up and hasn't been able to really keep very much down. I took her temperature a few times and she has been reading at 100 to 101. Now she is also starting to lose her voice as well.

The strange thing is that, my brothers and I haven't gotten sick. Her twin brother is perfectly fine along with the rest of us. I talked to my mom about it, but she said that it is just allergies and she will be fine, but I am not sure. My sister says she feels terrible, and I and my brothers are all really worried about our little sister. Any ideas on what could be wrong with her? What should I do to make her feel better? She feels exhausted, but she can't sleep since she feels cold from her fever and has been throwing up really bad. She can't keep food or liquids down that well either. Thanks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We couldn't suggest any further unless she get diagnosed. I believe that it would be best for you to initiate a check up for her before things get worst.
    Northland Wholesale Depot- office supply webstore

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information