Im about to get my license and in about 8 months I will be getting my restricted license. This means I will be able to drive by myself without parents, but I wont be able to drive my friends unless there is an adult in the car. I have got a job at the moment and I can easily save up enough money to buy a car by 8 months. I really want to buy a car just to get to school and back and maybe for other small things on weekends and such. Of course I would buy a cheap second hand car and recently I have been looking on trade me for cars. According to my friends I can a cheap car for about 1000-2000 New Zealand Dollars. I looked up Cadillacs on trade me and found some nice looking ones for only
around 3000-4000 New Zealand Dollars. I am just wondering if buying a Cadillac is a good decision.
The things I am considering is petrol cost and how well it runs. I dont know anything about cars but I love those oldschool Cadillacs

(Not really sure if all Cadillacs are like this but this is the kind of Cadillac I want to buy)

http://zumann.com/data_images/main/cadillac/cadillac-02.jpg

Obviously not brand new like that but I want that kind of model. So my questions are,
Will a Cadillac run just as good as any other car?
Will it use the same type of petrol as another car/cost the same for petrol?
Are there any other things I should know before purchasing a Cadillac?
Thanks in advance and I know this may sound silly considering I am only a teenager at the moment but I LOVE Cadillacs and if I can find a cheap one I would love to buy it.