it started out 3 inches, but when I used tweezers it came out to be 6 inches and now she looks sick and uncomfortable. this thing is like a sharp stiff whisker
its definately not a quil, we live in the city and shes never been out side. I think it might be a ingrown hair or I just ripped half of her whisker out. its dangaling approximately under the center of her neck. it looks like a whisker but its very tough, I couldnt even cut it with a siczzor. since its been out I tug on it and my cat acts aggressive and runs away she wont eat, she looks in pain. so far its been 9 or so hours since i've used teeezers to pull it out to 6 inches. now she walks with it dangaling and I know shes in alot of pain. I need answers!
I woke up to finally find her sleeping next to me, she isolated her self under a bed all night. I touched her softly and she groaned with a muddy sound and walked away.i dont think shes had any sleep with whatever that ugly thing is but I am taking her to the vet in a couple hours.
ok i took her over to some clinics and they wanted money which i cannot afford. so they wanted me to surrender her which i could not do! but my mother made some calls for low income families and tried a different clinic, downtown of albuquerque.we got there and the vet by the name of catherine took her temerature which was 105 and the highest is 106. i told her we cannot afford anything costly right now,she was so nice about the situation we were in so she reasoned with us and took our feline in for care. I am so thankful about that because no one else would help us without money. i guess whatever was coming out of her neck was a NEEDLE! and thread. she had it lodged in her throat for 3 weeks thats what was coming out. shes in care right now so tomorrow i am gonna find out if shes okay and i hope she will be.
ok i took her over to some clinics and they wanted money which i cannot afford. so they wanted me to surrender her which i could not do! but my mother made some calls for low income families and tried a different clinic, downtown of albuquerque.we got there and the vet by the name of catherine took her temerature which was 105 and the highest is 106. i told her we cannot afford anything costly right now,she was so nice about the situation we were in so she reasoned with us and took our feline in for care. I am so thankful about that because no one else would help us without money. i guess whatever was coming out of her neck was a NEEDLE! and thread. she had it lodged in her throat for 3 weeks thats what was coming out. shes in care right now so tomorrow i am gonna find out if shes okay and i hope she will be.