Hi guys,

It has been a while since I last asked for recommendations, but as I am extremely pedantic, please bear with me. I hate Shonen, but I do love cleverly worked Anime with strong characters, a good plot, and concepts that really challenge your way of thinking. Some great examples of some philosophical Anime would be:

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Angel Beats, Gosick!, Haibane Renmei, Kino's Journey, Steins;Gate, Persona, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Mirai Nikki, Code Geass, Monster.

I've seen a lot more, but these exemplify what I am looking for currently. Yes, I have seen Code Geass, Death Note, Darker Than Black, Elfen Lied, Durarara!!, Fate/Stay Night, FMA:B, Gankutsuou The Count of Monte Cristo.

I am after something a lot like Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom essentially. I really like crime/mysteries, lightly wrapped in some romance, and suspense to top it off.

I also hated Paranoia Agent, credit to the individual episodes, but the series as a whole was abysmal.

Thanks!
Guys, please try to actually read what I have written as to avoid suggesting what I have already listed. Also, In an attempt to better describe what I'm after, something that is beautifully artistic and challenges your way of thinking. Something philosophical.