I recently adopted a bulldog about 4 years old. He is obviously hard of hearing or really good at ignoring people. When he yawns he does not make any "noise" He does grunt or grumble through his nose and make other sounds but none that are actually vocal. He has a small scar on his chest just below his throat. (I was told dog bite but am curious cause its only 1 scar) I am wondering if anyone has a bulldog this age and if it is common for them to be this quiet. I have a Vet appointment in January for him so I plan on asking them as well but was hoping to find some reassurance one way or the other. I would not at all be disappointed that he is as quiet as he is cause I took him from being an outside dog in Arizona and adopted him into my home which is a loving home and he has adjusted to everyone in the house as well as made this his home. I just want to know if this is common in English Bulldogs when they are a little older or hard or hearing. I think Devocalization is cruel and think that may be why he does not make noise(not even when he yawns or stretches). Please if you disagree I do not want to hear how it is humane and okay to do. You would NEVER Devocalize a baby for crying. If you cant handle a dog barking dont resort to surgeries to quiet it, Dont get a dog!!!!!! Please any answers would be great. Also he is not very active. I had an Olde English Bulldogge and she is almost 5 now and still very active(she is now mom inlaws service dog). Is it different for English Bulldogs because he is much shorter and stalkier?