I have all the symptoms of diabetes but my dr. says i have "pre-diabetes" and the only thing i can do is watch what i eat and exercise. The problem is i have always watched what I eat, and i get plently of exercise. Side note, my father had a heart attack at age 38 from undetected diabetes. I am 32 so i am pretty sure that if i have all the symptoms (dry mouth, always thirsty no matter how much water i drink, chronic fatigue, weight loss (i am down to 130 lbs and im 5'9).

What can i do other than "eat right and exercise" is it just enevetible that i am going to get it no matter what i do. why will my dr not put me on any medications? is there any medication that someone who is pre-diabetic can be put on.

Just to let you all know, i do not drink juice or soda. Water is about all I drink. My Sugars tend to come mainly from apples and oranges (dont compare them)

I eat a hefty amount of protine like chicken, fish, lean beef, and bacon. i know i should cut out the bacon, but i cant help it, it is my one vice.

as for exercise, i go hiking every chance i get, i ride my bike more than i drive my car, and i walk to the store most of the time, i get more than enough exercise.