I am looking for a cartoon or anime, that has gritty/ grunge feel art.... (I may be describing this wrong, but i mean like the art in the cartoon network show Motorcity, and i like how they draw Julie particularly, or like the anime Soul Eater, and how they draw Soul and the sun). I prefer programmes that are like these two, with either fantasy elements or a futuristic sci-fi theme, but with a gritty feel/ content... i'd like there to be some romance or the potential for it as well if possible
EDIT: Thank you to the two answers so far, both saumurai champloo and cowboy bebop are amazing anime that i have already seen and love (sorry, maybe i should have mentioned them as they are pretty well known!)
Edit: Thank you, i have also seen (most of!) Bleach already - Maybe something that isn't in the spotlight as much?
Thanks everyone, i think i might make another question as i think i've inadvertently directed people towards gritty anime, when i realised actually i think i'm just looking for a cartoon with well drawn art similar to motorcity! my bad, because i don't think I even realised this myself until now! thanks for the answers though!