Hello everyone, I was wondering if this would be a good idea/and the right time for a crime/drama/ thriller film. A film about Canada's most notorious killers, Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka. I was in high school when the events and trial took place and let me say this, I don't know how any human being could have the mind to do that to innocent young women. While I was in film school I seen the movie "Karla" starring Laura Prepon as Karla Homolka and Misha Collins as Paul Bernardo. I will say, that a movie like that being made had balls but I was very disgusted that it was made in America with an American cast and crew (which is where I think most of it went wrong) Americans did not get the concept of this case and how it affected Canadians, even today believe it or not. I also have to have a negative response to the protrayl of both murdering couple done by both Laura and Misha as I felt they made her look too "innocent" in the film and his protrayl, "what the hell was that" is all I can say and plus there was a lot of historical inaccuracies I find.

Being a Canadian and knowing the case as I had shown some interest in it, plus research I kinda had began writing a script for a film based on the two but, it was put on hold because now I am making a horror/slasher movie entitled "Canadian Horrorfest" so this project will not be completed until I am finished with my horror movie first.

The theme for my movie is that both of them are equally as guilty, that it is easy to get away with crime within Canada and that the authorities were responsible for giving Karla Homolka the sweet deal she got and that it shouldn't have been granted to her. The victims names will be changed due to my respect to them and their families. My actors playing the lead roles will receive little to no pay and I will not be making a profit off this as I don't feel right making a profit of this tragedy.

So my question is, is this a good idea, is the time right (probably not because it is still fresh in the mind of Canadians), should I pursue this project for my reasons even though it will cause controversy?

One final question, I had hunted around on websites searching for a wig that the actress portraying Karla Homolka would wear when we're filming and I had found one that looks similar to her hairstyle at the time of her spree but it's a man's wig however you would never know the difference.

Link to the website of the wig:

http://www.costumecraze.com/ACC1522.html

Link to a photo of her to see if it's a close match to hers:

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Karla_Homolka.jpg

I thank all of you in advance