So my husband is a cook *the ONLY cook* in the nightshift at a restaurant. The owner and managers are being very abusive with him. There are times where the dishwasher doesn't even show up to work so he works alone. He does everything from chopping everything he needs to preparing food, and let me tell you I use to work there as a waitress in the morning shift. He works from 8pm-8am and there are times where he's late but never misses a day of work. He works 6 days 12 hours a day. I feel they are being very unfair because in the night there are a lot of bars around there and at 4am the restaurant ALWAYS gets full. They also sell beer illegally and the owner's son shows up with his crew and brings liquor. Its not fair that he has to work alone and leaves late all the time. The morning shift has 2 cooks & 2 dishwashers! At times he works overtime without pay. He is very shy and at times let's people step all over him, so I wanna see if I can take some action against these people because they don't seem to care that he also has a family! There's a lot more to say but I don't want to make it long. Please no negative comments..
We're in Queens NY. I just don't find it fair that he has to literally work alone. He doesn't mind doing the work its just that he has spoken to the owner in getting someone else to help. There can be family emergencies and they will tell him to still go to work! Yet the other cooks don't show up days for a simple cold and she doesn't mind. We recently baptized & celebrated our son's 1st birthday in Dec. and she knew about it before he was even born. She didn't let him stay for his party! I don't know I'm just really angry that most of the week he works alone. Thanks to all for the answers though