I get suspended from job for eating some fruit. We are not allow to take food outside the building. They might charge it as gross misconduct. Which may lead to dismissal. What I should do or act now? Do I need to consult with any legal adviser? The case is under investigation now, at this time can I quit the job by giving them notice?
It was company's. But it was end of the day and the fruit was about to go in the bin. 1 of our colleague was off and It was very busy day. I finished later than my scheduled hour. So, I was very hungry. As the fruit was going to the bin, so I took it to eat.
They wanted to get rid of me as I was part timer. From the beginning they didn't want me as part timer. But I was on maternity and when I got back to work I have requested for part timer flexible working. I have got a baby and the baby needs more attention from me. But they didn't agree. I appealed against their decision and won. From that time they were misbehaving with me. Always putting me under pressure, pinching and hitting my emotion with their insulting behave as the name of "Keeping standard performance" of the staff. I know, what I did , it was against company rules but the other day another of colleague did the same mistake but they overlook it. This time, with me they go through all the company procedure. It was constructive plan just to get rid of a "Part Timer Staff". This is sad and shame!!!! May God bless this type of Managers. Good luck to those who is working with this kind of manager. This is just bloody not right. I have got a little baby
How I am going to cope now? Suddenly I have no job. They have left me no other choice but to resign. They said they don't even need any notice period for me to leave, whether it is company policy to give 5 weeks notice period. I am gutted!!!!!!!!!! Now, U guys, tell me something whoever was commenting about the violation, rules, technical issues, stealing and punishment........etc.