Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i somtimes have a sharp pain in chest?

very occasionally when i breath in there is a sharp pain in my upper chest, (near my heart i think) and i was wondering if i should be worried?
    I am not very overweight, but as i am quite young, i lose weight very easily and it seems to change almost every day.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pain in your chest is an extremely common thing :P the chest area is full of nerves and muscles that can emit pain even when slightly damaged.

The heart is located slightly to the left of the middle of your chest, but pain in this area is usually not a cause for concern unless it is constant, or accompanied but anomalies such as skipped beats/irregular heart beat (which you almost 100% will feel!)

I believe the pain in your chest could be just an expanding muscle slightly trapping or pinching a nerve with you breathe in, and is released when you breathe out ....BUT if it becomes constant & is accompanied by any other heart related symptoms (which I very much doubt) then just go see a doctor

I experience the same thing most of the time, and I'm still here ;-)

Hope I helped!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm nota sure but just saying I get that too so maybe it's commen

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you should worry

I do however reccomend if you can, please go to the doctor and have your oxygen levels, a breathing test thing and an ECG done. If you notice sudden weight loss with no change to diet or exercise see a doctor ASAP. It's not usually serious but sometimes can help diagnose serious conditions

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds a little high but if it goes away by breathing in deep then dont worry.

Lungs grow at rates that dont always match the body and sometimes they catch on ribs, weird I know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information