Hi, I don't really know if any of You here will know the answer to my question because I will be talking about a russian lens but I think the idea stays the same for Russian and any other country lenses.
To the point: I got a gift from my grandfather - an old Zenit SLR camera. I wanted to try its lens on my D3100 (Nikon) (yes I got an adapter for it) and here's my question: What are the shutter speeds to use in what conditions knowing that the focal lenght is a 58mm (for full frame, it's a little different for a crop sensor I suppose) and the aperture that cannot be changed is 2.0.
58mm f/2 on a Nikon D3100. The camera doesn't "see" that I have a lens mounted on so it's full manual and I've been taking most of my pictures on Aperture Priority with my Nikkor 50mm 1.8D (Manual Focus) so I can't really tell for myself what shutter speed I should use. I'm a newb. i know xD
Thanks for reading all this, and thank you for all of your answers
I don't know, Yahoo won't let me vote for your answers or anything -.- I just can't use it maybe... The last answer is very helpful (the others as well) but my manual has only 60 pages and at page 10 there is nothing about the light meter.. Well. I know how it works with my other lenses but now it just doesn't show...