We are a small business in the UK. We have been using Vodafone for our mobile phones for 10 years. Due to poor signal problems we wish to move away from them.

Lets say 1 year is still left of the contract (debatable, as we don't agree that upgrading the phone renews the contract - as if we leave we have to pay for the phones pro-rata anyway so they are not free). And lets say we pay ?100 in line rental (simple numbers). Vodafone now wants, say, ?1,200 for the line plus ?500 for the phones (the ?500 I agree with) if we leave now = ?1,700 (due to poor service). Or we can leave in ones years time for free (having paid ?1,200 for line rental used along the way).

How can they charge us more to leave now than for using the service - I would assume there is laws to stop that?

I have been banging my head on the wall with Vodafone for six months. Even though we have a written contract - they say we verbally agreed to this term - but can't produce any evidence that we did :-s and refuse to give me the PAC code for the main number until we pay for the termination charge of ?1,700 :-s

(Some would just say wait a year and pay ?1,200 and receive the service - unfortuntely like most people we need a good mobile phone service which has gone downhill from Vodafone over the years).