I'm in the market for a new laptop, but I'm not looking to break the bank. I do a lot of video editing and special effects, illustration work, animation (mostly flash), and some 3D modeling along with programming and game design. I'm also in the military, which is why I need a laptop for mobility. I use Adobe for... well, most everything with the exception of 3D modeling. Have CS6 siting in my drawer and nothing to put it on. I've been gone for almost a yr now and am kind of behind on the whole cuda thing with nvidia and Premiere Pro.

Does a nvidia card really make that much of a difference over AMD when working on Windows due to the Mercury Playback Engine?

I'm looking at two cards in particular, the gtx 660m 2GB and gtx 670mx 3GB, and another stand out third is the AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB - if nvidia/AMD doesn't really matter in terms of editing ability on CS6.

I'm wondering how much performance differance there will be between the 660m and 670mx in terms of rendering speed and viewing live edits.

I won't be using this laptop for gaming, strictly a creative tool. The bus width is what really has me concerned. The 670mx is only 192, but the 660m is even smaller at 128. Thanks for any help!