Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think I will get the solo?

Well Im a junior in high school and Im in choir and Ive been in it ever since 9th grade. In choir we are singing the lion king for our performance and only 5 people including me tried out for the 2 solos. Now there is this boy in the class who I cant stand to be honest. The reason why I cant stand him is because he sucks up to the teacher and he acts like he is such a great singer and that he is going to get the solo and so on. If that's not worse he even told a sub once that he got the first solo for the Circle of Life (which has the solo that I want) and that started a huge riot in the classroom. Then when our music teacher came back from our trip he started to ask her if he can stay after to practice for "his solo" which she rejected. Anyways it bugs me that he sucks up to her.
    On Monday our teacher had the second try out for the solos in the Circle of Life and I tried out I thought I did pretty good and 2 of my classmates said I did good. Its only down to 4 (2 boys and another girl and I) people now and that includes the guy I dislike. To be honest I don't think the two boys did that good at all first of all they didn't know when to start singing and then our teacher had to help them sing through it. The other girl and I actually knew where to start and we didn't need our teacher to coach us through the solo. You would think that you would know where to start singing if your trying out for a solo. Anyways the question is do you think I have a good chance of getting the solo I mean I have been in choir ever since 9th grade so I have seniority and the other 3 are freshman. I am just going to be super upset if she gives them the solo and not me. What do you think? thank you

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whether you will get the solo depends on how well you sang at the audition and not because you've been singing in the choir for years.

That you did not require coaching from the teacher during the solo is a point in your favor. However, you should realize that the teacher may select someone else based on that person's voice, even if that person required a bit of assistance from the teacher during the audition.

I sang in school choirs, and I auditioned numerous times for solos. I was selected to sing a solo only one time, because I knew the music very well and was prepared at the time of the audition, though the other singers had better singing voices.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information