Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

how to care for ponytail palm plant?first plant ever?

I have a ponytail palm plant..this is my first plant ever im not really sure how to care for it..i know it needs sun and not much water..just got the plant im not sure if im suppose to put it in another pot and add new soil? if i do need to do that which soil do i buy? it saids i need to feed it liquid formula all purpose plant food but when and how many times and how much do i add? its also changing color on the end of the leaves and in the middle..also i have it sitting on my window the sun dosent shine much because im facing a tree and it blocks the sun in my window..it dosent get much sun but lack of the sun rays..

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't overdo it with the fertalizer ( liquid formula) every six months is enough. The will be instructions on the packaging on how much to add.
    I'm sure the palm would like a bit more room, so go for pot that's as big as you can go. But don't repot it until it's healthy and green again. It might be too hard on it's system if it's not as healthy as it should be.
    Place it outside when you go to work and bring it back in when you return, it should get enough sun that way.
    And give it water every two or three days. Palms don't need as much water as other plants and you don't want to choke it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information