Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The young middle leaf of my palm tree is dried up and dead, that's new leaf that pushes through the middle?

I fertilized it with about quarter pound of tropical palm fertilizer and about quarter pound of magnesium, the tree is about 13ft tall and about a 24 inch in diameter, and has been planted about 4 years now. After about 2 and a half week a guy from true green came to maintain my garden i told him i had already fertilized my palms, but he still did he said once two weeks has passed it would be ok, he used a hand full of fertilizer which he said was slow release. i dug a hole a broke one of the roots near the surface and it was golden brown like a smoked cigarette filter it was also trashy, the inside of my other palm roots are white and brittle. Is there any way i can save my palm from dying.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Water Water Water. They have obviously been over fertilized and I'm assuming organic fertilizers were not used. Your roots are suffering from chemical burn right now and will continue to suffer. All you can do is hope to lower the ph of the soil by using water water water. Only use organic palm fertilizers from now on because it's almost impossible to burn your plants when using organic. Turn a garden hose on to a slow trickle, and leave at the base of your trees for about an hour on each tree. Do this for the next couple of days. It's your only hope. Hope they make it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information