I've been using the Clear Spot internet device for a lil while now, and I must say, I hate it right now. I like that it's wireless and I can take it with me places, but I just can't get maximum (green) signal, it's always good (amber) signal. I wouldn't complain about this except my laptop is running so slow, even with good reception. videos on youtube don't always upload or upload really slow, opening tabs or signing into my email account takes forever. I keep my laptop updated as much as I can, always installing new updates whether it be Windows updates or Adobe updates (which are the main 2). My model laptop is a Windows Vista, my current antivirus is Avast!, and my antimalware is currently Windows Defender. I place the Spot 4G device in the kitchen window (bedroom window is blocked by a rock wall, so i doubt i'd get excellent signal there, but I might try it) and sit about 2.5 meters away at the table, which gives me good, but not excellent signal. on the other side of the table is the patio door, which i could possibly open and place the device there instead. Based on this information, what can I do to improve my internet signal to excellent?
sorry, this is really an internet question, with only minor software questions in it, i'm gonna put this question in a different category if i can