Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am wondering what the bylaws are in regards to keeping a goat or two in Pennsylvania?

I would like to raise goats for the purpose of private use of the milk. I've done a bit of searching online but to no avail as to the bylaws, particularly around Media and Delaware County.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

I'm from around the Media area, too!

Anyway... Goats are legal in PA. You may need a commercial licence if you were going to sell the milk commercially, but it seems that you'll just be keeping it for yourself. I cannot find anything that says Livestock are not permitted, including Goats. I would check the link in the sources for more information on Livestock laws in PA.

However, to be sure, call your local animal shelter. They'll know!

Good luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should call your zoning - they would know. The rules about owning livestock are different depending on whether you live in a town or a city or a rural area, etc.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should double check with your town hall. You may need a livestock permit. I know they're required in CT, even if your goats are for personal use only. Sometimes there are sad stories on the news about people who have gotten livestock without the permit and then come to find out their yard is too small/not zoned for the livestock and they have to give them up. Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information