I've felt like this for a long time. When I was about 7, I started feeling dull and bored. I am now 16, and still feel the same way. I've not felt joy or sadness. I feel neutral to everything. I've played instruments, video games, read books, written, drawn, exercised, done puzzles, work, etc. For the first few days, I feel like I have something new and interesting to do, but I always go back to being bored with my life.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or suicidal. I just feel that each day is an obligation rather than a gift. I would like to go to a psychologist, but my parents are more focused on my older brother's problems. They think I'm alright because I smile, laugh a lot and make plenty of jokes. But I only do that because I've learned that they will never understand my emptiness, no matter how much I tell them. I've tried talking to my "friends", but they are the type of people that are with you in the good times, but abandon you in the bad times.
I don't know what else I can do. All I do is sleep as much as I can, and let the days go by, but I don't want that. I want to actually enjoy my life.
What should I do about thos?