I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro. The volume is not high enough for some NetFlix shows. I've tried everything Netflix and Microsoft recommend, multiple times, so don't tell me to delete the temporary files folder for Silverlight, because that doesn't work. I know these speakers will play louder, because they do for numerous other applications. I want a program that will let me boost the overall volume on my system, like maybe an equalizer that I can just manipulate the volume with. I don't want to pay for the damned program, as it should be a simple thing. I just bought "sound view" from the app store, and it doesn't do what I want. I'm not paying 9.99 for some equalizer program that might actually work, for a problem that shouldn't be a problem in the first place. Anyone know any good programs that are very cheap or free?
Additional info: Usually I just hook up external speakers to get around this problem, which only occurs with Netflix, but I am tired of having to do that, and I've had this problem for well over 6 months, researched it carefully, and put too much time into trying to fix it. At this point, I'd just like a program to get around the problem without actually fixing the problem.