Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Jesse B

head unit only has 1 rca subwoofer output . 2 ch amp going to one 15" woofer. it

was bridged on my old stereo? I been using the amp bridged on my old set up... i got a vr3 640 i think. but it only has a single subwoofer rca output... it does have 2 other pairs of rca's front and rear.. but i'm figuring it will probly act more like a sub being hooked to the sub output.. now i'm sure i could just hook up one rca to a L or R but wouldn't that only be half the power of the amp?? So i was thinking bridged like i had it !! cause it wasn't that bad ... asking google tells me to get a y-cable splitter... first thing i thought of when i seen the single plug.. but i notice some people saying it may make noises.. so basicly i'm asking should i just run a single rca wire and run my sub on L or should i split it and bridge it???

KaeZoo
    It kind of depends on your amp. Some 2-channel amps, when wired in bridged mode, only use the signal from the left channel RCA and ignore the right channel. In this case, you wouldn't be losing anything if you had the sub output connected to the left channel input.

If your amp combines the input on both channels, or if you're not sure, then go ahead and get a splitter. It won't add any significant noise.

Either way, I'd continue using the amp in bridged mode (provided your sub is 4-ohm impedance).

KaeZoo
    It kind of depends on your amp. Some 2-channel amps, when wired in bridged mode, only use the signal from the left channel RCA and ignore the right channel. In this case, you wouldn't be losing anything if you had the sub output connected to the left channel input.

If your amp combines the input on both channels, or if you're not sure, then go ahead and get a splitter. It won't add any significant noise.

Either way, I'd continue using the amp in bridged mode (provided your sub is 4-ohm impedance).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information