Sync iTunes movie to Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 for playback

Description: This article shows how to convert/transfer iTunes DRM movie to MP4 for Surface 2, so that you can playback iTunes DRM movie on Surface 2 without format and protection problem.

Q: How can I import my iTunes library of movies into my surface 2?
"I tried copying a movie from my iTunes library to play it on my new Surface RT. I got the error message that it can't play because of an unsupported format. It's in m4V format."

A: "I have the same problem: I can't play iTunes movies on Surface RT, this let me angry. iTunes movies are protecting by DRM. We can't play it on Android or Windows tablet. If I can install iTunes on Surface RT, that's a great thing. But it's a pity now as iTunes does not work with Surface 2. Good luck."

As is mentioned above, movies/videos downloaded from iTunes Store are mostly DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected, so that we cannot playback them anywhere else except authorized computer or idevices. Moreover, iTunes movie are in *.m4v which is not a Surface 2 friendly format.

So how can we playback iTunes DRM movie on Surfaced 2/Pro2?

Software required:

I would like to recommend this iTunes to Surface 2 Converter (Mac users: Mac iTunes to Surface 2 Converter), a professional DRM removal tool to help you roll off DRM protection from iTunes Store movie, and convert them to H.264 MP4 as best format for Surface 2/Pro 2, so that you can watch iTunes purchased videos on Surface 2/Pro 2.

Note: Get more discounts in Money saving bundles

Tutorials: How to transfer iTunes DRM video to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2?

Step 1. Install DRM video to Surface 2 Converter.

Tips: There would be a command window pop up during the installation, pls do not shut down it and let it running until the installation completed.

IMPORTANT:
Note that you shall not launch iTunes until reaching the last step - clicking the "Convert" icon.

Step 2. Add video and choose target format.

Drag and drop your videos to it directly, or you can click icon to import them as below.

Click the drop-down list besides "Format" list, you can find many presets and columns for different devices and programs. Let’s switch to "Windows" column and select "Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)" as the best preset for Surface 2. Or you can enter "Surface" in the small search box at bottom right corner.

Step 3. Adjust specs (Optional).

If you want to customize output video size, bitrate, frame rate and others, just click "Settings" to enter profiles settings window.

Step 4. Start conversion.

Now click the big red icon to start converting iTunes M4V videos to Surface 2/Pro 2; this converter will activate your iTunes automatically and start to play this video. The player windows cannot be removed or closed.

In the meanwhile, it will start to record this video in MP4 real-time. The conversion time is equal to the video length itself; you can do other tasks during the converting the process.

Note: The system volume could turn off temporally during this period; no worries, do not touch it to get perfect DRM removed video.

After the conversion, hit "Open" to quick locate converted videos.

Tips:

1. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.
2. This product cannot convert unplayable video (damaged, unauthorized, etc).

Related Articles:
FAQs: How to watch Blu-ray movies (Folder and ISO files) on Surface 2?
How to transfer MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, WMV, MPG, MTS, FLV/F4V videos to Surface 2?
Tips for Converting DVD movies to Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2