Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lemontreesp

How in the hey can you cut the deficit by spending the most money in US history?

i want to know?

rthimble
    There are a lot of us who like to know, I think most of us over the age of thirty have been around long enough to understand that this is not a bailout ! He has pulled the drain plug on the boat in the middle of the lake !

Jacob W
    If you listen closely Obama did not say he is going to cut the deficit in half, he said he is going to cut the "deficit I inherited" in half. That deficit was 1 trillion dollars. He will supposedly cut that in half while running up a far larger one of his own. The Stimulus Law and this Omnibus Spending Bill are already way over what he "inherited".

In other words, Bush's deficit (primarily due to the bank bailout that Senator Obama voted for) was a bad deficit but his own pork barrel spending is a good deficit.

expertgal
    Maybe Obama is also a magician, that citizens didn't know about.

Jay S
    US is f@#d for a while. The "intellectuals" think that by speeding up the spending they'll get out of the debt hole. You have to be an "intellectual" to grasp the greatness of this principle.

bluenaketat2
    Any sane person would be asking that question and if you or anyone else actually figure out of i can get out of debt by spending more money, let me know so i can go shopping.

EssieLou
    Agreed.
    Look, anytime one of my pro-Obama friends start talking I ask them two questions.

Where is the money coming from for the stimulus?
    and
    WHO is going to pay it back?

So far, I've been met with total silence.

So much for 'uber intellects'.

Heidi 4
    Cutting defense, rationing health care, federal taxes on everything you buy, gasoline tax, tax on heating & cooling your home, etc., reimposing the marriage penalty tax, every license you need from your cars, mobile home, camper, fishing, hunting, cigarettes, alcohol, property taxes.

You will need to work into your 70's to retire. Your Medicare and Social Security taxes will be increased.

Everything your State charges you for taxes will also include a federal tax. However, this will never be enough.

Just Another One
    Obama seems to know. His version of economics seems to push "spend as much as you can as fast as you can," and it will somehow cut spending.

Freedom Rocks
    Increase revenue. Either come up with new sources of revenue or increase tax rates, that is the only way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information