Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Sammy M

Global warming is not an issue and it should not concern anyone...Why?

there are many reports saying global warming is an issue and many reports saying it is not an issue. I personally think it is an issue so if you disagree with me write down why. Try to use three main ideas just because I am undecided. If you use one or two it's OK but I just want a clear explanation.
    I probably should use the term "Climate change" instead of global warming, partly because nobody calls it global warming anymore, not even Gore.

dr. feelgood.
    Global Warming is a natural process, that's a proven fact.
    Its nothing that the earth hasn't seen before, except this time around the human population is speeding the process up due to all the burning of fossil fuels.

I don't think it concerns anyone at the moment, because they're just oblivious. They've heard about it, but they don't realize all the underlying issues. The ice caps are continuing to melt, and if they continue to do so they can increase the average sea level. Islands, coast lines, even CITIES such as New York, and London are in danger...it's been researched and proven. Also, the warming of the water will cause the ocean currents to change, which will completely alter climates. Hurricanes will become stronger, because its understood that when they cross through warmer water they only grow stronger. They will also become more frequent. Animals that thrive in the artic are in danger. There are many more problems that can come from Global Warming.

It's such a shame that no one cares about it that much. But there isn't much you can do about it, its going to happen regardless. You can't force the world to change. Its going to cost too much, and some people just don't want to change. They figure, why care? We're not going to be alive to experience these effects anyhow...but what about future generations?

Dawei
    The "reports" who say it is an issue tend to be scientific journals or reports written by scientific organizations. The ones who say it is not tend to be blogs and political websites.

Tell you anything?

And by the way, it really doesn't matter if you call it"climate change" or "global warming".

pegminer
    I am not convinced that global warming is a problem, only because there is some reason to believe that there are not enough fossil fuels around to really mess up the climate. Of course, if we do run short of fossil fuels that is an enormous problem on its own.

If we do not run out of fossil fuels then it is clearly a problem.

pegminer
    I am not convinced that global warming is a problem, only because there is some reason to believe that there are not enough fossil fuels around to really mess up the climate. Of course, if we do run short of fossil fuels that is an enormous problem on its own.

If we do not run out of fossil fuels then it is clearly a problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information