Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ecc.3

Has anyone heard of Sedout?

I have an oil painting of the Heidelberg Castle Gardens that I purchased in 1976 in Germany. I saw the same artists work in a gallery here during the 1980s, but never since. Cant locate him on the internet anywhere, and his work is fantastic. Has anyone heard of him or where I can find more of his oil paintings?

Unregistered

Re: Has anyone heard of Sedout?

Yes, I have an oil painting of his that my family purchased in Germany around the same time. A forest scene with a sculpted effect on the two prominent foreground trees near a pool of water.
    I have searched occassionally for him or his work as I just did tonight, but haven't found anything until I saw you post. We consider his painting a family heirloom of sorts. I'm sure he'd get a kick out of knowing that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great stuff... Im sure they will be really appreciated

Unregistered 2

I have an oil by Sedout as well. It sounds similar to the one described by "unregistered" guest of 4-30-10. In my painting, there are several trees, a short waterfall into the pool, and a mountain range in the background. On the back of the frame, the artist's name is listed as "Professor Sedout" and the studio handling the sale was "Jan Degens Munchener Kunststudio." There is an address (I think) that is shown as: 62 Wiesbaden, Rheinstrasse 15. Perhaps this data will help find more info on the artist. Oh, and by the way, my canvas is 32" wide X 24" tall, and was brought back to the States by an Air Force officer during the mid 70's. Anybody know anything else?

Unregistered 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ecc.3 View Post
    I have an oil painting of the Heidelberg Castle Gardens that I purchased in 1976 in Germany. I saw the same artists work in a gallery here during the 1980s, but never since. Cant locate him on the internet anywhere, and his work is fantastic. Has anyone heard of him or where I can find more of his oil paintings?
    I also found a large oil painting signed Sedout with a message on the back that says original Sedout. Its a painting of tajmahal or round buildings w/ spikes on them. I bought it from a retirement home rumage sale for $5. It was painted so well i couldn't resist. In Ontario,Canada.

Unregistered
    I have two street scenes by Sedout that my parents picked up while living in Frankfurt in the late 70's. I too have searched the web to find out about the artist and potential value to find one listed for $67.50. My guess is he/she may have been a street artist that poured out all kinds of paintings for the tourist trade.

Unregistered

Sedout

I also have a Sedout that I got from my grandmother when she passed away. I've looked for any information but can't find any. The painting I have is a dock scene with 3 or 4 sailboats docked at the peir, a gondola style rowboat in the the little inlet and what appears to be a sort of market (or the start of one) on the dock. Tons of great colors. I love it. Would love to know if anyone has found anything about him (her) or the value of any of these....

XRumerTest
    Hello. And Bye.

bcarlson

Sedout

I have a Sedout painting that I purchased at the Landstuhl Army Medical Center Officer's Club in Landstuhl, West Germany in 1977. I too have looked for additional information about artist with no luck...I paid over $200.00 for the painting at the time, so the person who picked one up for $5.00 is lucky.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I too have a genuine Sedout that my parents purchased in Germany in 1975 or 1976 (I was born there on a Canadian Armed Forces base in '76). Mine also sounds extremely similar to the one described by "unregistered".
    Mine depicts a sort of marshy pond or lake in the middle bottom, with trees that are sort of puffed up (raised off of the canvas in a kind of 3D effect) framinig the left and right sides, a cabin of a fairly large size, with a deck overhanging a drop off at the back, and a very nice mountainscape in the far background. Possibly the European Alps? That would be my guess.
    It is a truly beautiful work of art that cost my parents a few hundred dollars at the time, and it was also purchased at an officer's club, but in Lahr, Germany, not Landstuhl.
    I have pictures available if anyone is interested, and I would very very much like to see pictures of his other works. I have searched for a long time and the only one I have ever seen besides this one is the one that was sold online for $67.50, as mentioned above. (the one found here: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...0x37bq-7IOv1gQ )
    If anybody would like to contact me with pics, or to see my pics, I can be reached at by using this forum to send me an email.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information