Took the car to autozone and they said the check engine light was on because of a fuse.

So I took the car to the dodge dealership and wanted them to change the oil and transmission fluid, look at the brakes and see why the check engine light was on.

They said there was basically a short in the wiring.

They took it all apart and fixed the short and now they told me the car won't crank.

They said that right near the wheel where there was a dent when it wrecked there was a computer there, it was dangling and in pieces and that is why the car won't start.

I drove the car up there. It had no problem cranking whatsoever. It was driving really good.

They are now telling me to get the car running again that computer has to be replaced which is going to cost 1500.00 and then they will charge 900.00 to put it on....

Is it just me or does it sound like they put 2 wires together that wasn't supposed to be together when they were trying to fix the short and possibly blew the computer? Or is it even possible that the computer was hanging there in pieces but still running and driving just fine but decided not to run after they fixed the short?

I don't know what to do. I just bought the car and I don't have that kind of money to fix it for that much especially since I think they may be the one to blame. am i wrong?