Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Feed Me Answers!

What proof do we have for human caused global warming?

I understand climatology is still a very young science, and we still do not have a very accurate model for how human activity will influence the climate of the planet. I also know humans contribute only a small percentage of the total CO2 in the atmosphere, and that CO2 makes up less than 5% of the total green house gases if water vapor is to be considered. I have heard the arguments against human caused global warming many, many times.

I would like to hear from the other side though. I know their arguments cannot be baseless, so I would like to know what evidence we have that humans with their current habits are gradually warming the earth. The answer which is most convincing that humans are so strongly impacting the global climate will be chosen as the best. Sources are appreciated.
    I am not doubting that human activity has resulted in an increase in CO2 levels. Especially during the industrial revolution. That was probably the dirtiest time in our history. I need to know it is a large enough amount to make a major impact in global temperature though.

Bhuvan
    Black carbon pollution - soot, diesel exhaust - is a greater contributor to global warming than believed earlier, according to leading atmospheric scientist V. Ramanathan of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information