Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    bettisbt21

Why was the Yamaha YTS-32 Model Tenor Saxophone discontinued?

I've owned one for years but I'd like to know if there is some kind of defect I should be worried about.

Unregistered

Re: Why was the Yamaha YTS-32 Model Tenor Saxophone discontinued?

Firstly, it's important to emphasise that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the YTS-32 saxophone. What you need to remember is that as with any product (whether it's a car, a television or a saxophone etc) manufacturers are continually trying to improve their products. If that wasn't the case, you'd still be driving around in a 1930s car and flying off on holiday in a fabric-covered bi-plane!

Any Yamaha saxophone has a good reputation among knowledgeable players. That's because their production quality is generally very high and very consistent. In a nutshell, that's why Yamaha saxes are so popular. Differences between your YTS-32 and the YTS-475 (which replaced it) are evolutionary, not revolutionary. Be happy with what you've got there because if you have good "chops" and fit a decent mouthpiece (e.g. Otto Link STM) to your YTS-32 it will really punch above its weight. To summarise, your YTS-32 is as good as it ever was - a highly regarded intermediate-grade tenor sax. For American readers, the YTS-32 is the European version of the YTS-52. Both are the same.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information