Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    'ol Sam

Christians: Are we *truly* to debate with atheists concerning the validity of...

...Christianity? Given that,

A. The reason that we debate with atheists concerning the existence of God is that we wish to lead them to God

and

B. True debating is meant to be a learning experience rather than a teaching experience

is it not valid to conclude that we should simply avoid debates altogether with atheists concerning the existence of God?

I'm not making any personal statement; I can't say that I know what to think. In fact, I'm rather confused.
    And no, atheists, this isn't meant to be a formal excuse. :\

whatagal828
    I believe god is an imaginary friend for many. In my opinion, god did not create man, man created god. I do, however, believe that Jesus did live and was a fantastic human being, the consummate hippy of his time.

Mr. John
    Debate is not useful. Share to them the gospel, if they mock it leave them.

Louis S
    Religious freedom is the foundation of our nation. That means to worship as an "individual", or not worship if one so chooses. Being a Christian does not necessarily qualify you to be any better or any worse than anyone else. Your way might not be someone elses way. If you get tired of the so-called "debating", perhaps you could put your time into something more christian-like; like feeding the hungry.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    *Leaves R&S

j.p.
    "No one comes to the Father except through Me, and no one comes to Me except the Father beckons."

I'd say your premise A is completely flawed to begin with.

Lorreign v.2
    it's not debating when you stand there going 'nananana I'm right and you are wrong' while sticking your tongue out.

theone78
    I think you can debate if it is truly a debate -- and not bickering !

Did Paul reason with the Jews?

Well the KJV of The Holy Bible says he did so that must be it, yes? Actually, no is the plain and simple answer to that. To help us with this study I will list the relevant Holy Scriptures here:

Acts 17:1-2 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures.

Acts 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

neil s
    I think you should start with more debate amongst yourselves. Since not one argument for believing in a deity is sound, arguing with any well informed atheist is beyond any theist at this point.

Anthony S
    do you hide the light GOD wants none to parish but all to be saved we are to share the good news but if they do not what to hear it dust your feet and move on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information