Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    j.p.

Question about an odd sensation while biking during particularly chilly weather...

...(see details please)? Riding in to work this morning, it was particularly cold, and about half way, I got the oddest sensation that I had, without being aware of doing it, wet myself. It was a rather uncomfortable feeling as you might imagine!

When I got to work, I nervously reached down to check, and was dry as a whistle.

Anyone else ever had a sensation like this, and short of insulated undergarments or not riding in the cold, anyone know a way to prevent it from happening again?

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi JP I was searching your questions because I've enjoyed reading your posts in R&S. Now I find out we share another passion (bikes not wetting yourself lol)
    Last year I had a 2000 DR 350 Dual sport but I sold it. Tthe RPMs at sustained highway speed were so high after only 30 minutes or so especially when it was cold I experienced the exact same thing as you. A fellow dual sporter buddy of mine discribed it as "numb nuts".
    Anyways I bucked up $450 U.S. (I'm canadian) for a custom rebuilt "Renazco Racing" seat. The difference was huge. I wound up selling the bike not because of that, but because I got two $175 speeding tickets in the same week on a bike that didn't have enough power ;p
    Hope that helps, and keep the shiney side up.... D.D.

jonathan_kelly2001
    I've got over 31 years of riding and I have ridden plenty in the cold. I have never experienced a sensation like that.

bikinkawboy
    Consider yourself lucky. Thinking you did when you didn't is much better than thinking you didn't when you did.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information