Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Cady C

Right to vote? best answer gets 10 points!?

i want to know if i can vote. i wuz sent to jail 'bout 20 years ago and i'm not sure if i can. can you plz send proof of ur answer and nonsense answers will be deleated. i kno it is not in the rite catagory but now more ppl can view it.

DUDE C
    u cant because u r a fellon and i am one to so belive me i cant vote either so trust me u cant

Christy S
    Home

{Login}

Qualifications to Apply to Register to Vote

Individuals applying to register to vote must be:

A citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next primary, special, municipal, or general election.

A resident of Pennsylvania and the election district in which the individual desires to register and vote for at least 30 days before the next primary, special, municipal, or general election.

At least 18 years of age on or before the day of the next primary, special, municipal, or general election.
    Important!

Qualification Information for Individuals
    Applying to Register to Vote!

Any intentional false statement made on an application for voter registration constitutes perjury and is punishable by law.

The Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania ruled on December 26, 2000 that the Pennsylvania law prohibiting convicted felons from registering to vote for five years after their release from prison is unconstitutional. Consequently, if completing an older version of the Voter Registration Mail Application (VRMA) form, a convicted felon who has been released from prison may make application to register to vote by striking through the felony conviction line at Section 9(2) on the VRMA and signing his or her name.
    [Please note that convicted felons who are incarcerated on the date of a primary or election are not eligible to vote, irrespective of whether they are registered. However, pretrial detainees and misdemeanants are eligible to apply to register to vote and /or to vote by absentee ballot if they otherwise qualify to vote under law.]

Qualifications of Registered Voters at a Primary

Individuals must be registered and enrolled in a political party to vote in that party's primary.

All registered electors are entitled to vote on constitutional amendments and ballot questions and in all special elections that might be held concurrently with a primary.

Content Last Modified on 7/21/2005 3:37:39 PM

Home | Site Map | Show Images

{Visit Pennsylvania}

Copyright © 2002 Pennsylvania Department of State. All Rights Reserved.
    Commonwealth of PA Privacy Statement

niceguyswlondon
    What a pity you skipped spelling class while you were in jail.

You know it makes sense!

hannah
    If you spend one year in prison or more you are no longer eligible to vote. At least that's the word on the street.

Brandon2013dragon
    You can vote.

Just because u were sent to jail, it doesn't mean u r not a registered American anymore. You are a citizen just like everyone else. You have as many rights as anyone else. I have a relative who was in jail and he votes. If he can, then why wouldn't you be able to?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information