Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Perfection

Is it a bad idea to let a couple of for year olds ride in the back of a FORD...

...F150 TO SCHOOL? my kids want to impress the other kids by riding in the back of mommy's truck
    I would not go beyond 30-40mph, and I would make sure that they don't stand up, but exactly how dangerous would it be to have a couple of four year olds in the back of my pick up truck? thanks.

also, I have to baby sit my two year old niece, who is a very picky eater, next week, any tips?

Kas
    BAD IDEA - THAT'S AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!

It's illegal in PA - call your local police and ask.

Ask your Auntie what she likes to eat. Try to give little pieces of different food to her to try! Who knows, she may like it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not even safe for them to be in the car without a car seat or booster seat, and you are considering let them ride in the back of a pickup truck ? It is a VERY VERY bad idea. You could hit a little bump in the road and they could go flying out the back of the truck and land on their head and be paralyzed or dead.

bookmom
    You "would not go beyond 30-40mph, and I would make sure that they don't stand up, " and how exactly would you do that? and how would you keep them from leaning over the edge of the truck to wave at their friends? because if they are sitting flat on their butts, how can they impress their friends who can't see them?

and if you are watching the rear of the truck to make sure they are sitting down, how are you going to watch the road at 30-40 mph?

what is on the floor or the truck bed? something grippy so they won't slide when you break, turn and accelerate? what can they hold on to?

yeah, it is a bad idea. probably also illegal.

Rebecca S
    That is a really bad idea. Sure you wouldn't allow them to stand but if they do it anyway you're out of luck. If you have an accident they could easily be thrown from the bed of the truck. If you went 30-40 only in front of me when I was in a rush to get to school I'd be laying all over my horn. I'm sure the kids won't like that. They need to be in a car in seat belts.
    As for your neice, ask her what she would like for dinner and then if she doesn't want to eat it she can go to bed hungry.

Its pretty dangerous that's why in many states its illegal for anyone to ride in the back of a truck. Its most likely illegal anyway considering the kids will not be in car seats (or buckled). There is a law at age 4 the kids should still be in car seats. (at least here)

Even only going 30-40 mph what if you wreck? They would be thrown out.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on where you live it would be Illegal.... and you could be charged with child endangerment.

Probably not the best idea. Why do a couple of four year olds need to impress their friends?

lilBit
    Not a good idea, at 4 years old they should still be using a car seat.

parent
    It's against the law here. As for the niece sense she's not yours there's not much you can do.

Jessica
    Well there's a good chance you'll get pulled over depending on where you live, it's illegal to do, and the school might say something. But I know I did it when I was a kid and nothing ever happen, and we did stand up and move around doing everything in the world.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information