Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JC
    Your worrying about nothing unless the guy was black. Either way, who cares, get your money for the job. Phone the bastard and get the dough.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, that's quite funny, I don't see anything which could have been offensive, don't bring it up again you'll just look odd.

VodkaChick
    You're worrying over nothing - it was quite funny & seeing as no has objected I don't see any problem.

Sleep
    You're worrying about nothing. As you say, they all laughed, and to bring it up now would be to remind people of something they've probably forgotten about, and would make you look a bit neurotic.

If you notice anyone is off with you, just gently ask if you've done anything to offend them, and if the joke comes up, apologise and admit you've been worrying about whether that was an innapropriate thing to say.

In short, don't mention it, but if it comes up, be gentle, graceful, and apologetic.

Sleep
    You're worrying about nothing. As you say, they all laughed, and to bring it up now would be to remind people of something they've probably forgotten about, and would make you look a bit neurotic.

If you notice anyone is off with you, just gently ask if you've done anything to offend them, and if the joke comes up, apologise and admit you've been worrying about whether that was an innapropriate thing to say.

In short, don't mention it, but if it comes up, be gentle, graceful, and apologetic.

No you did not. You entered into the spirit of the conversation and complimented the architect - nothing to regret.

Haz
    Get back to me when you make a joke about being 'scarred for life' to a young waiter serving you coffee with very visible burn disfigurements on his face.

In the inappropriate joke stakes I do believe I reluctantly 'win'.

I wouldn't give your situation a second thought.

meganjess
    Is this your new home?
    I wouldnt bother apologising.It sounded like he took it as the joke it was meant to be.
    Now just await the summons from the racial discrimination board!!

Eddie
    I can't see the problem with what you said. Just relax.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information