Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Essay Question about world history?

Many philosophers contributed to the ideas that became the democratic / republic form of gov't. as we know it today. among these was john locke. summariza lockes philosophy of gov't and explain how his writings influenced the american revolution and the formation of the u.s constitution?

ok, i todally suck in history class, am only good at math so can some one HELP ME!!

steven
    Locke is considered the first of the British empiricists, but is equally important to social contract theory. His ideas had enormous influence on the development of epistemology and political philosophy, and he is widely regarded as one of the most influential Enlightenment thinkers, classical republicans, and contributors to liberal theory. His writings influenced Voltaire and Rousseau, many Scottish Enlightenment thinkers, as well as the American revolutionaries. This influence is reflected in the American Declaration of Independence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    John Locke was a political philosopher who maintained that government had an inherent social contract with the people it was governing.

In broad principles he rejected the idea that rulers were born to power and the people have the innate drive to self-determination. In other words, he was a social liberal, which is in quite stark contrast to modern America.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information