Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    unfairlybanned

Is this legal? And is an IP traceable to my home?

So I hate my teacher and me and my friend decided to mess with his mind a little. He has a hit counter on his website. So I downloaded an add-on for firefox that automatically refreshes a page. I set it to refresh and I keep raising the hit counter higher and higher and higher.
    Today in class, he asked us if we knew anything about why his hit counter is going so high all of a sudden.

What I'm asking is... I can't get in any trouble for what I have done, right?
    And could he trace my IP (if the hit counter records it) back to my house? Or is it impossible for him to ever find out unless I fess up ?(lol)

thanks, haha.

Cindy B
    That is pretty funny. I don't know if he can ever trace it to you, but it is probably not something that is illegal, so he would have to do it himself. He would not get to have the help of the police to trace it to you.

I would go to the library and do it two or three more times.

Good Luck

Unregistered
    Well...as far as i know he cannot trace your IP...but even then if he does..he cannot trace it to your home.IP revealing sites like Ip-details.com only give the country of the individual and not the exact door number,street name etc..but then..what you have been is illegal and you should not fool your teacher like that for what ever reason it may be...if he finds some police source to track...chances are there to find you..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information