Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    DaredevilMason

1996 Ninja ZX6R Starting problem (Kawasaki Ninja 600)?

I brought a 96 ZX6R home in a trailer but left it in 1st gear in the trailer because I didn't know any better yet. When I got it home it was a little difficult to get out of gear and into neutral. It seems to run and shift fine now BUT, sometimes when i try to start it it will be cranking over and then make a loud "clunk" sound and then stop cranking. The starter sounds like it's still trying but can barely get the engine to go. If I let it sit for an hour or so and try again then it cranks over fine and usually starts.
    I'm concerned that I messed up something in the transmission or drive gear when I towed it home but if it wasn't for the towing issue I would just think there was something wrong with the starter. Anyone have any issue like this or any ideas ? Thanks.

Unregistered

Gear 99 zx6r starting problem

I have the same problem 99zx6r but I only wait for a few seconds and it starts up with some throttle. have u found the problem/solution?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information