Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    training day
    if anything those other cultures try to 'succumb' to black culture.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think most blacks in interracial relationships usually try to disown black...

...culture? I find that whenever minorities go to whites they succumb to white culture and try to disown their own culture

But when blacks go to any race besides black, they tend to succumb to whatever culture that isn't black

Is this because society has brainwashed them so badly that they want to run away from the truth, so they try to disown themselves, therefore disliking themselves
    JAMAL L
    u are right
    Mike W
    with all due respect you are a racist

Why are you assuming that i'm saying black culture is hip hop culture?? maybe that is what YOU think

♥ Diamond Doll ♥
    I don't think that's necessarily so. You have to define black culture first. My culture may not be your culture even though we are both black. For me, my culture isn't so much about the color of my skin, it's about other things like the area I was raised in. My boyfriend is Japanese American, and within reason, we have similar cultures. We were both raised in the south, we are both conservative, we share the same religion, we both have ex-military fathers, mothers who came from a foreign country, we listen to the same music, like the same movies, and we both love traditional "southern" food.

We borrow a bit from each other's backgrounds in that I've become a little more interested in certain Japanese things, and he now loves Caribbean food. Sharing culture isn't "succumbing." And, I can at least speak for myself and my boyfriend and say that even though we're of different races we have more in common than not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe there is a percentage that does. I had a art show a few years ago in Phoenix and I was sharing this studio with two other artist who were White. I had my own room in the studio and I was greeting people as they entered so they would know who to speak to if they had a question.

There was three different interracial couples that totally avoided my section once we made eye contact. All three couples were all White guys dating Black women. At first thought it was just a coincidence but when happen three times I wondering what was going on? One of the couples from what it appeared accidentally walked into my section and when they were aware they were in my section they started speed walking. They avoided making any eye contact and didn't bother to look at my art either. I do believe my race and gender had something to do with their behavior.

I thought it was crazy that they totally avoided my section. Maybe the guys were scarred because I'm 6'4 and Black. They didn't bother to even look at my art. I understand that they may get a lot of dirty looks and comments from Blacks but we are not all like that. These three couples I came in short contact with totally missed out on the wonderful art I had on display but they had plenty of time to appreciate the art from the White artist. How often would they get a chance to see another Black artist in Phoenix AZ, slim to none.

Gentlemintos
    I won't say that but I've noticed some things. A lot of the black men who date outside their race make themselves at the beck and whim of white women. A lot of the black women who go outside have a seething hatred of black men.

#2 ROCKETS FAN
    I don't think most but a few try to disown black culture. If they have kids then that my be a different story though.

sweetums09
    it seems most of the time they do

Yong - Peng Sun
    Uh... they don't, SISTA.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not true, the relationship you're in doesn't make you forget who you are

Meghan
    tell me what's the difference between black culture and white culture. and aer you saying that if a black person likes one thing that is considered non-black that they're trying to disown themselves?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information