Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike W
    because black men are not being men, all due respect to black men. and black women are not being women all due respect to black women. hip hop culture is not your culture either, black people have alot of culture but its not hip hop culture. that so called culture is not doing your race and anyone else any justice all due respect to rap and R&B. theres absolutely nothing wrong with black people, you guys just have been destroyed on the psychological level, from everything the world throws at you. i think that black people need to unite, black people dont have love for self as they should. you all are beautiful people, but there is something wrong, with how you all are being. not how you are by nature. people say black women have attitudes, ok but something has made her that way, its not something natural. i would have and attitude too, if was never seen as beautiful and even by your own men. i would be pissed too if black men were not being a man to my kids. and black women have their issues too.

edit: dont take what im saying wrongly, im talking in your favor and all races have their share of problems, but we are talking about black people, soooo im gonna tell you something about black people.

i dont like when you call me racist because im always critcized for dissing my own race in favor of blacks. you really just dont understand what im saying thats all otherwise you would name call. im telling you something to make understand. theres nothing racist about what i said.

edit, also i didn't say hip hop culture is black culture. i said you have many cultures and hip culture isnt really 1 of them, no offense but did you read what i said? your putting words in my mouth and i haven't been disrespectful to u one bit, y did u have to call me racist?

edit: alot of black men are brainwashed to the white woman blonde image, it not that black women are not beautiful, it because their brainwashed its their problem that they have, even black women are when they should love the way they look. and of course im not saying all

EDIT: and b4 you call me racist, my GF is black because i can appreciate the broad nose the big lips and the dark skin ok, if you wanna talk about this email me so we can get 1 thing straight ok. so once again your misunderstanding the meaning of my message. if you read it right you would see that im just telling the truth and talking in your favor.

read this too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_immigration_to_the_United_States

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually agree with Tyrel. Being in a relationship with another person of a different race doesn't mean you're trying to disown you're own race or you're forgetting who you are O.o Just because they happen to love someone of a different group it means they're ashamed of their race? that's non sense..and what is black culture?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!! You're so right.

I think the reason is because they hate themselves so much that they hate everyone who even looks like them. They have to disassociate them self with everything that will remind them of that too.

sara t
    I think you are right but only in some cases. Some of them really don't like being black, maybe because they have suffer of racism before, and want to dilute their black genes with the first white woman. It's normal because, all around them, black people that we see on tv or in movies don't totally assume their black culture. For example, they straighten their hair, they put blush on their cheeks. but it's not that they deny their origins, it's just that there's no BLACK fashion for the moment

But it's not always like that. We shouldn't generalize. Some are really in love with white woman.

So, to answer your question, I don't think MOST black interracial relationships usually try to disown black culture. But it happens. We have to keep that in mind.

Giselle
    This is entirely untrue. You can be in an interracial lrelationshipp an still retain your racial/cultural/ethnic identity without succumbing to your partners.

sara t
    I think you are right but only in some cases. Some of them really don't like being black, maybe because they have suffer of racism before, and want to dilute their black genes with the first white woman. It's normal because, all around them, black people that we see on tv or in movies don't totally assume their black culture. For example, they straighten their hair, they put blush on their cheeks. but it's not that they deny their origins, it's just that there's no BLACK fashion for the moment

But it's not always like that. We shouldn't generalize. Some are really in love with white woman.

So, to answer your question, I don't think MOST black interracial relationships usually try to disown black culture. But it happens. We have to keep that in mind.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information