Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could

Jellyfish

Could

'funny'? As in like start off sort of funny but improve it so that you have a chance of being a comedian. As in being able to think of random and stuff and say it or funny comebacks ect.

Dien
    I've done improv before, and I've found that the best improv comedy troupes were those who were not only funny with comebacks, but read up on the news and kept up with social trends. These helped them perform acts that were affecting people's lives and let them laugh them off. They also watched a lot of timeless slapstick classic comedians like Charlie Chaplin. Some danced to improve their timing in movement; others were in debate clubs that helped them come up with on-the-fly proses. They were big readers, and I think that helped them mince the right words together.

Isabel R
    Of course. It's both an art and a skill. You should develop and eye and an ear to spot funny things, funny jokes (not all jokes are funny). As you develop "one liners" try it on to your friends. Just try and try, until the whole thing becomes natural.

Good luck.

Samantha W
    yeah sure watch loads of comedians on you tube they always have to come up with new things otherwise people would get bored good luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information