Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Travis

Has anyone ever hired Lance Lusignan or Xavier Imaging for their Photography needs?

BEWARE!? We hired a guy named Lance Lusignan who owns a company called Xavier Imaging to take photographs of our event. We paid him upfront when he came and took the pictures. After months of trying to contact him, he has gone silent without fulfilling the agreement... which leaves us with no pictures, and more importantly no money. Beware if doing business with this guy. VERY Unprofessional.

Unregistered

Re: Has anyone ever hired Lance Lusignan or Xavier Imaging for their Photography needs?

Even though this question was posted almost 1 yr ago I fell the need to respond due to current interactions with Lance and on the off chance of someone considering him might read this:

I had a negative experience with him a couple of months ago when he HUNG UP on me for calling him unprofessional for changing a meeting via email rather than a phone call. I had all but forgotten about the guy until today when I received a VM from him at 8 AM upset about some supposed Yelp.com posting that he accused me of writing. He ranted that the post was untruthful, that he hung up on me because he did not want to work with me, and that I needed to "get over it" and remove the post. 1 problem: I DID NOT WRITE THE POST.
    He continued to call all morning and left another threatening VM where he informed me that his lawyers would be contacting me and possibly serving papers.

He also proceeded to email me:

Good morning,

I came across your yelp review this morning. I'm shocked to say the
    least. I offered you an amazing deal. I kindly asked you to re-schedule,
    meet me at noon rather than 10am. Only to give me more time to prepare
    for our consultation. I had to drive from Wenatchee that morning. I know
    for certain you get your email messages forwarded to you cell phone. Is
    it really that un-professional to change a meeting by a couple hours?

I wanted nothing more than to shoot your wedding and offer you an
    unbelievable deal. I'm sorry you found it unprofessional to ask for 2
    more hours. Because of this you missed out on an amazing deal, that is
    not my fault or my wrong doing.

I hope you find the courage to delete that false post. Otherwise my
    lawyer will be contacting you very soon.

kind regards,

Lance X. Lusignan

And text message me:

"I did nothing but try to help u. U ignored my message to reschedule. That was ur choice. U r not a client of mine and have no right to yelp. Tell the truth."
    "I hung up on you cause I knew ud be hard to work with."
    "My lawyer will be contacting u shortly, possibly to serve u papers"

Remember I DID NOT POST ON YELP OR EVER REPLY TO HIS 4 CALLS, 2 VM'S, 3 TEXT MSGS, AND 1 EMAIL (in less than 3 hrs). This incident and all correspondence (which I have saved) was completely unprovoked.

Make up your own mind if you want to work with the guy or even give him your contact information. Yikes.

Unregistered

Re: Has anyone ever hired Lance Lusignan or Xavier Imaging for their Photography needs?

My now-husband and i hired him to photograph our wedding, at first things seemed great. At the consultation he was professional and courteous, i was excited. However, things quickly started turning sour the day of the wedding. First, he was late... not super late but about a half hour. Next, while i was getting ready he was nowhere to be found. I wanted those moment captured, I said out loud more than once, 'where is the photographer? I want him to be taking pictures of all this?' finally after the second time one of my bridesmaids went to find him. He was taking some pics outside, but he never checked with me or asked me what i wanted. It happened again when my Dad was about to walk me down the aisle, my Dad had to go find him right before, I dont know what he was doing. For the most part the ceremony went smoothly. I heard after the wedding that my Dad had to snap at him because Lance was upset about where he would set up his labtop or something, my Dad didnt know, and told him to ask who was running the venue. My Dad was busy getting chairs set up. So, the next day when i went to his website to see our wedding pics i was astonished at the 'style' in which he took the pictures. Through the whole night he was turning the camera at a diagonal angle and snapping shots, it looked horrible! Thats the only thing my friends and family could comment on, was the weird angle. It might have been okay for a few, but it was almost half or more of the reception shots. Also, I was beyond disapponted w/ his lack of creativity. They were so boring and didnt capture a fraction of how beautiful my wedding was. Then, to top things off there was the issue of getting me the CD and prints that we paid for with the package. I emailed and called numerous times asking where they were. FINALLY i received the discs. I was still waiting for my prints, because i wanted to use them for the wedding album, that took over two months of calling and emailing. He would literally tell me he was on his way to the post office, or they were already sent. I would check the mail box a few days later, and nothing! He would actually lie to me.... this back and fourth went on numerous times. Finally i called my Dad, who paid for all of it, and he called Lance. He told Lance that if i did not get my prints by the end of the week that he could expect to be taken to small claims court. I received my prints... much to my dismay in a WalGreens package. Really, WalGreens? At that point i had had enough and thankfully my uncle took some amazing pictures that were creative and he had a great camera, so i wasnt at a total loss. I was done dealing with him. The price is pretty low, so that is the draw. And the pics that did turn out were okay, the camera was decent. But all in all, the experience was horrible. I would give him one or two stars out of five.

Unregistered
    Before hiring Lance as our wedding photographer I did some research to see what others had experienced with him- but apparently he has changed his company's name, so nothing alerted me to potential problems. I don't know what made my experience so "special" but when I read other reviews (of the new business) it is nothing like what I experienced, but seems VERY SIMILAR to what the people of this thread experienced. Unfortunately, since signing a contract on 11/1/2012 for a wedding on 3/16/13, we have had nothing but issues. Supposedly an engagement photo shoot was to be included. Issue #1- trying to schedule a day/time was insane. Lance would email a couple of options, I would pick one, but days later he would come back saying he was unable to do it. This happened on at least 3 occasions, until finally he stopped returning my calls/emails. I had to hire ANOTHER photographer in order to get our engagement photos done. Then, as our wedding date approached, I attempted to contact him again in order to go over day of details and such. The WEEK OF the wedding he calls and is confused over why I am frustrated, he thought he had been in good communication with us - and it was business as usual - he didn't even inquire about the missed engagement shoot. I have to say this, he did arrive (even though about 1 hour late) on the day of (I had my doubts). But seeing as I have YET to receive the photo DVD (which stated in our contract was to be to me by 4/27/13) I just hope that his work is as beautiful as what I viewed on his website. I have been emailing, calling, and texting Lance about a projected completion of our wedding photos. Have again, YET TO HEAR from him. Over two months to complete his work, my mother hears from him sporadically, with promises that the DVD will be mailed at this time or that time, but then the excuses come out - had other weddings to shoot, computer is broken and in the shop, is moving and so unable to complete work. I'm sorry, but I do not think anyone's work is good enough to excuse this experience. I WOULD NOT recommend Lance or Blue Door Foto as anyone's wedding photographer.

Unregistered
    Copy of my review on wedding wire:**POTENTIAL BRIDES PLEASE READ FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION**

I have never written a negative review of a vendor and typicallywould not go out of my way to do so because I realize that negative reviewsimpact business; however, when 5 mos. goes by with no attempt whatsoever bythis photographer to return our $550 deposit, I am forced to make this publicand provide other couples considering Blue Door Foto/Lance Lusignan anopportunity to make a well-informed decision.

Considering all of the positive reviews on here, I am sad to saywe were one of the extremely unlucky ones. We found Lance on Craig's List andwere attracted to the low price/(seemingly) high value. Lance seemed like agreat guy and after meeting him twice, we signed a contract in January 2013 andpaid a $750 deposit. The contract contained a provision that allowed us toobtain a full refund of our deposit if we cancelled by a certain date. After seeing our engagement photos, my friends and family agreed that thequality was poor (out of 400+ photos, only 20 were usable; the poses lackedcreativity; the use of lighting was very poor, many were out of focus, etc.) sowe asked for our money back. We agreed to pay $200 for the engagement DVDand asked for the remaining $550.

It has been approx. 5 mos. since we asked for our money back. Wehave given Lance multiple opportunities to work with us, even offering apayment plan/compromise. He has avoided all communication with us and has notmade an attempt to pay us even $1 in good faith. His reasons for not paying usback are that he only has "lunch money" in the bank and is sleepingon a friend's couch to make ends meet.

If you want more info or a copy of the contract email [email protected]. Thisphotographer may have changed names from Xavier Photography (you can decide foryourself: http://www.discuss.org/forum/discuss-photography/has-anyone-ever-hired-lance-lusignan-xavier-imaging-their-photography-needs-240472.html).

Unregistered
    **POTENTIAL BRIDES PLEASE READ FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION**

I have never written a negative review of a vendor and typicallywould not go out of my way to do so because I realize that negative reviewsimpact business; however, when 5 mos. goes by with no attempt whatsoever bythis photographer to return our $550 deposit, I am forced to make this publicand provide other couples considering Blue Door Foto/Lance Lusignan anopportunity to make a well-informed decision.

Considering all of the positive reviews on here, I am sad to saywe were one of the extremely unlucky ones. We found Lance on Craig's List andwere attracted to the low price/(seemingly) high value. Lance seemed like agreat guy and after meeting him twice, we signed a contract in January 2013 andpaid a $750 deposit. The contract contained a provision that allowed us toobtain a full refund of our deposit if we cancelled by a certain date. After seeing our engagement photos, my friends and family agreed that thequality was poor (out of 400+ photos, only 20 were usable; the poses lackedcreativity; the use of lighting was very poor, many were out of focus, etc.) sowe asked for our money back. We agreed to pay $200 for the engagement DVDand asked for the remaining $550.

It has been approx. 5 mos. since we asked for our money back. Wehave given Lance multiple opportunities to work with us, even offering apayment plan/compromise. He has avoided all communication with us and has notmade an attempt to pay us even $1 in good faith. His reasons for not paying usback are that he only has "lunch money" in the bank and is sleepingon a friend's couch to make ends meet.

If you want more info or a copy of the contract email [email protected]. Thisphotographer may have changed names from Xavier Photography (you can decide foryourself: http://www.discuss.org/forum/discuss-photography/has-anyone-ever-hired-lance-lusignan-xavier-imaging-their-photography-needs-240472.html).

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

-

Need to replace runners on Ranger boat trailer. Does anyone know if there is something better then treated wood to use? Have heard that ranger has some sort of new material then wood that can be used????Edit / DeleteEdit Post Reply With

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information