Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    HI IM NAPOLEON

Is Chambers Stevens acting Boot Camp a trustworthy program?

I am signing my daughter up for Chambers Stevens acting Boot Camp. I want to know if its a scam or not. I also want to know if my daughter will get anywhere and will my money be well worth while?

Unregistered

Re: Is Chambers Stevens acting Boot Camp a trustworthy program?

not worth a dime....... you'll pay a heafty amount expecting to work with him, then you will show up to his run down house and work with a few of his actor wanna bees who cant get work... I spent in totaly probly 45 minutes with him in the room... save your money

BobBobson108

Re: Is Chambers Stevens acting Boot Camp a trustworthy program?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    not worth a dime....... you'll pay a heafty amount expecting to work with him, then you will show up to his run down house and work with a few of his actor wanna bees who cant get work... I spent in totaly probly 45 minutes with him in the room... save your money
    You are crazy, anonymous user. I have attended Chambers Stevens boot camp many times. He assigns you something to work on. You work on it. You show him. You work with people who are in the class or who have already graduated and they answer all of your questions. Chambers Stevens sees the finished product of your best efforts and talks to you about what could have made it better. During lunch (the lunch that he buys for everyone) he talks about his experiences in the industry and answers any and all questions that you may have. At the end of the 3 day boot camp, he sits down privately with your parents and you, and basically tells you whether or not you're wasting your time in Hollywood. He could say that you "need" to take more of his classes, but he does not. He gives you the honest truth about whether he thinks you should be here or not. He does not try to scam you like a lot of other acting coaches, keeping you down just enough so you'll pay more and more money. He wants you to succeed and he helps you do it. It sounds to me like you didn't give his class a chance and that you judged it right off the bat. And for your information, that apartment is an acting studio and he rents it out specifically for the acting class, which is why it looks like an acting school instead of an apartment. He lives in the one under it. You shouldn't slander anyone's name just because you failed at something. He is a great guy.

Unregistered
    NO ITS NOT.

just_the_next
    I am involved with Chambers and I have to tell you, he is WONDERFUL. He is straight forward and sees a lot in me. He wants to help me become my best as he has done in the past with other BEGGINNER and advanced actors.. not wannabes thank you... He is amazing and highly recommend. You will also meet some great people in the camp. I have met people in movies and stuff and they have all given me advice on how to get better and I have. DO IT.

Unregistered

Chambers Stevens Bootcamp A Total Waste

Chambers Stevens Bootcamp is a total waste of time and money. We met him through a Proscout Event several years ago and thought what a wonderful man. Boy were we wrong. My daughter attended, not one, but two of his week long bootcamps at $700 a week. There she was ridiculed, discouraged, lied to , and humiliated. She is a very talented young lady and has now sign a contract with a major talent agency but it certainly was not with the help of Chambers Stevens! DO NOT waste time or money with this man. You will be disappointed.

Unregistered
    I met Chambers this past weekend with my 11 tear old daughter. During my time with him, he seemed more then talented, knowledgable, kind and yes brutally honest. My 11 year old took no offence to him and his critiqueing methods. wouldn't you rather someone be straight up honest with you instead of wasting everybodies time.

Unregistered
    $700 is far too much, u can get better classes/teachers for far less.

Unregistered
    I completely 100% agree and had the same experience. I know this post is very old but I still wanted to add to it. The ONE thing I did learn is that just because someone says the are from LA and interested in "working with you" does NOT mean you should fly out there and pay them that much money to work outside on his sidewalk with kid "tutors" all day long and speak with him 5-10 mins out of the entire day. Very un professional and a joke! A definite learning experience of some kind though... Chambers should really be ashamed.

Unregistered
    He is a FRAUD! You need a license to teach out of your home...No, I would not leave your child or children alone with this man...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information