Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i can't get sound from my headset on my computer?

ok so i got my speakers they have to be put into a USB port and my headset in the headset hole and the plug for the mic in the mic hole but whenever i set my headset to run i hear no sound and i tried unplugging my speekers and that didn't work please help me... by the way i have windows xp home edition

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ur headphones arent broken? or u plugging them in the right hole?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    First leave your external speakers unpluged when using the headphones. Is it a desktop or a laptop? Do you have sound from your speakers without the external speakers or the headphones plugged in. If not you may need to reinstall the sound card driver. Go to the maker of you laptop or tower computer maker and go to support tab and then to update software and drivers. Type in the model number of your computer to make sure you get the right driver for your sound card. Make sure you are plugging the headphones into the headphone jack not the mic jack. Now if the headphones have a volume control on the cord check to see if the volume is on and it's turned up some, test them with a cd player or mp3 player regardless of whether they have a volume control or not. If they work with the other players then you should go into control panel, click on sounds and audio devices. Make sure volume isn't set too low or that mute is checked. If mute is checked uncheck it. Click on advanced ( the one next to speaker volume for me), or each advanced button there is until you find a menu that lists laptop stereo speakers if it's a laptop or just speaker setup, under that you should be able see a box that says stereo speakers with an arrow to the right of it pointing down, click on the arrow you should then see more options then scroll down until you see an option for stereo headphones click on that. Plug your headphones in and try them again. I hope they work with one of my suggestions, if not I don't know what else to suggest. You will need to change the setting back again whenever you want to listen to your computer without the headphones
    Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information