Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they're trying to make up for what they perceive as too many "white people" in white people's culture. For example, perhaps they think the opposite is true and that white people only read books by white people, have paintings of white people in their houses and have playing cards with white people on them.

I think what you are doing is a generalization though, and if some black people think the same they are also making generalizations of white people.

It seems artificial to me when a company ad or a book will have so many different races and just one white character because I don't think it's a realistic representation of Americans and just strikes me as being annoyingly politically correct. But the opposite is true too, all white people is inaccurate, America is made up of many different types of people.

So, maybe black people like to try to create a "black culture" because they feel they have been robbed of their heritage when their ancestors were forcibly removed from Africa.

Nothing wrong with that, but I think we all need to understand that it's not about black vs. white. We ultimately all come from the same place.
    The point I'm trying to make (and I know, it's not coming across very clearly) is that we are all people. We don't need to identify ourselves as being this label or that label. We don't need to surround ourselves with black or white or asian or any other type of culture, but just accept that we are all the same inside.

Racism isn't just hating people of another race. Racism is identifying yourself as the body and all it's external labels.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they probally do that, for the same reason i just reported you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are wrong.....
    And to mention black people ...you must be racist !!

DannickaD84
    Cause they want to read interesting and inspiring information about their own people? Get over yourself. Not all blacks read books written by their own people.

I don't think that is quite true. There may be a few African Americans trying to trace their roots back to Africa. I know there are many African Americans who read John Grisham and all that stuff (books) on the New York Times Best Seller List. They also watch movies by white actors. They watch drama/action on television (Prison Break, Grey Anatomy, 24, Lost, Heroes, Desperate Housewives and many other programs featuring white actors. As for comedy shows maybe they enjoy more comedies featuring African Americans comedians.

Joeyg79
    Every ethnic group have a sub group that prefer literature or arts within their own culture. This is not just African Americans. Asians, europeans, and caucasians are also this way. It does not mean that they are racist, it just means that they are closed minded.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information