Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Otto Man

Why can't religions be open-minded to the ideas of extraterrestrial intervention in

ancient civilizations? I'm a spiritual person but I will not consider myself a part of any specific religion as I have my own beliefs that differ. When asking a Christian or Catholic about ETs I am told they do not exist and there is no changing their minds. I respect this but with the heiroglyphs and ancient texts that exist speaking of these "Gods" coming from the skies assisting with human technology how can everyone be so sure they do not exist? In my eyes saying that aliens do not exist is underminding the infinance of the Prime Creator (God, Buddah, Jesus etc.) This question is not meant to enrage anyone I am just curious of others beliefs. I believe in God but I also believe in the middle man, to me being aliens.
    It took 23 years to build the Great Pyramids (text stating humans built with assistance from the Gods of the Skies). Modern engineers say even today it would take longer than 23 years.

Puma Punku Bolivia. The precision of the stonecutters.

The evidence is there but is it the arrogance or the ignorance of the human race that turns a blind eye to the facts?
    Enoch was taken by God for 300 years and is the only man to ever write his story in first person. He died at 500 years old.

So Yahoo! Answer subscribers are closed-minded and believe that in the ever expanding and infinite universe we are the only planet containing life. Sounds arrogant.

How can anyone state that something does NOT exist? My God must be waaay smarter than yours because mine has no limits and has a great sense of humour.

The Earth was once flat and everyone KNEW that.

The Sun once revolved around the Earth and everone KNEW that.

Get what I'm saying? Throughout human history nothing existed until it was discovered. So much knowledge lost throughout history and here we are in 2009 saying that we KNOW aliens do not exist.
    So thinking that aliens exist is sin? Hmm, "Thou shalt not believe that thy power is infinite" unknown commandment number 15??

I recommend watching Ancient Aliens on the History channel.

I'm sure God is pretty disappointed with everyone even thinking that aliens couldn't exist (even if they do not). I'm pretty sure that the Bible is as old as sin and being human I don't understand how everyone can think that the good book has not been tampered with since its original text. I too can't wait for the reaction when it is said by both the scientists and the religious leaders that aliens in fact, exist. Probably lots of primitive actions such as riots.
    The ancients saw flying vehicles, Angels came in on chariots? Why would they need to if they could just materialize in front of your eyes and use their wings?

I'm convinced that all religions have been misintrepreted and over time our true place in the universe has been lost due to peoples lust for control.
    The Devil does not exist. He is just a weak-minded justification for the flaws of mankind. God is infinite, infinance goes every way, not just one. God keeps order in our chaotic universe and sacrifices are made. To blame lies on a invisible entity is irresponsible. However it is in our DNA to search for a higher being. Your all robots, controlled by a book. Stop limiting your knowledge and take a leap. Ya'll make my head spin. Aliens can't exist because God didn't say anything about it...lmao he didn't say anything about dinosaurs either did he? I remember hearing even after the discovery of the bones that it was impossible because nothing existed before man because this Earth was made for us, yet science proved them to be true and you bent the Bible to justify that saying they were animals of the bible. Get ready to bend it again.

♥Carlyndra♥
    Because I have no idea what you just said.

Can you edit your question in simpler terms, please? Thank-you ^^

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm an Atheist. And I am not open to these ideas.

Why?
    Because I'm not crazy.

EDIT: I read your third addition this your question. This one is the one that provoked me to respond again.

I have researched the possibility of extraterrestrials visiting Earth, and have researched the "proof" (which is nothing more than hearsay, ancient texts which are potentially fiction stories), and some are even complete lies).
    There has never been one shred of physical evidence, EVER, for the existence of aliens on Earth.
    So it is not that we're ignorant or arrogant, it's that people are usually realistic.

If your previous arrogant comment was about me, I never did say that I deny the existence of aliens; just the existence of them here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some crazies do but there is no, none, zippo evidence of your claim. So the long and short of it is; why should they.

All claims can not only be disputed but proven wrong.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe these "extraterrestial" interventions were just interventions made by god.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why should we give up the truth of God's word and swallow men's fantasies? God did not tell us that, so we do not believe it. It is just that simple. It is myths. I do not believe myths. it is also myths, or outright lies, that angels mated with women. It is just lies of the devil. No Scripture teaches that junk.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would give all the "True" gods competition. I hope we meet some extraterrestrials soon, I really want a good seat to watch THAT reaction.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because it's not true.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    E.T..........phone home......

Couldn't resist. Well, phew, I'm already tired just thinking of the things I'd like to say in response. I do believe there is life on other planets, even if only microbial. The Bible says in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Who are we to say what other life is in the "heavens,"....the skies and space?

As far as the heiroglyphs and ancient texts....well, I was with my husband in Chiapas, Mexico recently, and we went to see some of the temples that were built that have some of these writings. Just being out there away from civilization as we live it in busy US cities, it's amazing what you can hear. I could easily convince myself God or some other being is talking to me out there in the middle of no where with the stars shining so much more brightly above (since there is less pollution fogging the skies).

Other than that, who knows?!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Bible says there are no ETS He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited:However those things that we see today probably were made by demons who came from the heavens back and forth to the earth,If you have read mythology then this was written mostly about real things that the demons did before they were cast out of the heavens.
    Geneses 6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information