Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reliability of the 2009 Mazda Tribute?

Hi, I'm looking for a compact SUV and was looking at a NEW Mazda Tribute. This is what i look for in a car:
    -Reliability (VERY important to me)
    -Looks
    And thats about all. I am planning to keep the car for 15 yrs. How many times will it break down? I need ALL the info (pros and cons)

THX TO EVERYONE!!! :-D (UR THE BEST)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Consumer Reports magazine says the reliability of the Tribute is very good, although not excellent (like a Honda or Toyota). Previous models have experienced some minor reliability problems, but nothing of great consequence.

If you want more details, I suggest you read the April 2009 issue of Consumer Reports magazine for free at your local library, or go to Consumer Reports web site (they charge a small fee).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Mazda Tribute is the same vehicle as a Ford Escape. It is not a bad vehicle at all but 15 years might be pushing it. 10 definitely. You might be able to get 15 if you take really good care of it and maintain it well. Good luck!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just research both the older Tributes & Ford Escapes histories to get an idea of it's long term reliability. My dad has an 04 Escape fwd w/ a V6 & it's been good. The only problem we had out of it is the sunroof switch went bad. Easy fix. Another small suv to consider would be the Nissan Rogue. Very nice & it's on the Consumer Reports recommended list. G'day!

gburnx2008
    Well, previous years of all Mazda models have scored quite well in consumer reports so the 2009 should continue that trend. I have been in auto parts for 13 years and was also a ASE tech, and i can say from experience that Mazda's are very well built vehicles and are easy to service by mechanics, which lowers your maintenance costs.

You may also want to test drive the Toyota FJ Cruiser, as it will have a much better resale value 15 years from now and most likely, better replacement parts availability down the road as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information