Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atlantis & Lemuria? Lost Civilizations?

Hi Guys, Recently I read some books on these two lost civilizations...
    Well I find it quite Fascinating. I have a friend who basically got me started on this, He believes he has lived in Atlantis in a past life. Well I decided to research this stuff and wanted to Find out who else believes that these places existed and what are your theories/Ideas on what happened to them? Do you know anyone who also believes that the are from those places etc?
    I just want to know your thoughts on these places?
    Thanks

There is no place for these `lost continents´ to have existed. Sorry. Alfred Wegener killed that myth forever.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, they both existed.
    atlantis was in the atlantic and was destroyed by earthquakes 20 thousand years ago. the mayans and the gypsies are some of the folks who left before the cataclysm.
    lemuria was in the south pacific and was destroyed by earthquakes 40 thousand years ago, the japanese and the american indian are some of the folks who left before that long lost continent was destroyed.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, they both existed.
    atlantis was in the atlantic and was destroyed by earthquakes 20 thousand years ago. the mayans and the gypsies are some of the folks who left before the cataclysm.
    lemuria was in the south pacific and was destroyed by earthquakes 40 thousand years ago, the japanese and the american indian are some of the folks who left before that long lost continent was destroyed.

Edgar Cayce claimed to have lived during the exodus from Atlantis. W. Scott-Elliot wrote a history of Atlantis claiming (he was ambiguous on the point as this was the nineteen-twenties) it was the product of either Channeling or past life regression.

Frankly, though, Lemuria was first discussed as a lost civilization by Madame Blavatsky, who should be regarded with caution as a source of information. She claimed it was inhabited by a pre-human race from which we are ultimately descended. Rudolf Steiner, who does owe a lot to her, discussed it claiming the authority of the Akashic Records and suggesting that there was reincarnation from those days, but also claiming its inhabitants were pre-human. I would treat the stories about it with suspicion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atlantis: REAL
    Lemuria: Not real

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe in past lives and it is possible. It is one thing if your friend thinks he lives there before. It's better if he can recall his life, name and everything there. I have read about both as well. Atlantis of course was the empty void of the Atlantic Ocean whereas Lemuria was somewhere around Oceania. I don't know anyone who thinks they have been there before though. Imagine when the big one finally happens and we finally lose California; I think generations thousands of years later will wonder if it existed but we have better record keeping now so that probably won't be the case, lol.

You should know by my avatar what I believe. My sister and best friend were there as well. I have vague recollections of it, but do remember Atlantis as being very beautiful. What I recall the most was when the big rock walls came crashing down in the end. I don't have a clue about Lemuria.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information