Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Why does the American media complains about the way other nations handle their

media news when they ->? Showed they where no better than the media of North Korea when they did all they could to make sure Ron Paul didn't have a chance to be noticed by the American Public? They censored Paul & made sure he wouldn't have his say & explain why would he be a good candidate for President. He says the things that the Media & Politicians don't want you to hear which is why the media did their best to silence him. They act as if he's not even still in the running even though he hasn't dropped out. So much for Freedom of press huh? And like little robots you all accept this & not question this type of communist tactic by our own american media.
    Freedom of speech & opinion gapeach so i won't shut up just b/c you don't agree with me. That's what America is all about. To be able to think to yourself & not be a robot & be forced to think the way they want you to.

:+:cobra:+:
    I gotta agree with the guy above me. The stations talk about what they think brings in the most money for them - it's capitalism at work.

But the election aside, it's true. For a country that emphasizes empowering people, fights communism or any type of government that's not democratic, and runs on ethics, they ought to start giving Americans the real news - not telling us what they feel like saying and censoring what they personally don't like. This is why my dad watches BBC news when he wants to know what's REALLY going on in Iraq rather than turning on Fox news. It's sad we have to turn to a European news station to get what's really going on with our own soldiers.

lol actually the press has very little freedom, instead the report on what the view (public) wants to hear. so i would blame the public and not the media. the media is only trying to make money, it a business like any-other...

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mate, it's not just happening in your Country, I'm in Australia and one man ( Kerry Packer) owns most of the Newspapers Etc and has so much influence on the Radio Stations it's bull Shit,.

I have a motto that I have lived by and will pass it on
    : - BELIEVE HALF OF WHAT YOU HEAR, AND HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE , AND THEN BELIEVE HALF OF WHAT IS LEFT, and you will get on fine throughout the World, IE, the 9/11 bombing was not even done by the people blamed, look towards your own last government. (and now you see another Vietnam in Action)
    " A war you can not win and one America and Briton Started.
    then brought the rest of the world into it,

now nearly 20 years later everyone is doing the same as what happened in Vietnam and about to pull out and come home, because you can not win.

I know as I was in the first Gulf War and was shot, then medically discharged, from the Navy.

Look at the DVDs you can get on 9/11 in America , and look closely at the Planes, (look underneath, they have something attached to the bottom of the 2 that hit the towers) and also look at the so called plane that hit the Pentagon (it disappeared overnight and the hole is no where near as big as what it should of been, - if a plane had - of hit it) and also (from a person whom knows explosives and taught the subject, the buildings came down in a fashion as if it was set for demolition IE, explosive charges throughout the building.)

no way can a plane hitting near the top of a building bring down the whole damn lot. especially the 2 steel constructed buildings,

OH and by the way , wasn't it strange that the only day that America is attacked in a so called humungus way not even one Defence force plane could be contacted to intercept. especially over the White House, ( and thats Been Protected ever since the 40s 24 / 7 ) and not 1 plane arround. what a load of crap.
    regards
    Davo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are right. We are all puppets of the news media.

If you're not thinking like a robot why are you asking the same question that's been asked a billion freaking times?

1) The media did not censor Paul. They did not cover Paul, because he had no shot. Paul's followers bullied CNN into giving him an hour on Glenn Beck and a bullied a whole lot more air time from other networks. Paul received much more airtime than those with the same poll numbers. He was even given ample time to explain away those racist newsletter on CNN.

2) If you guys are so pro-Constituion why does the Freedom of the Press tick you off so much? There is no law in the Consitution that says candidates get equal air time.

3) None of Paul's stances were realistic, and therefore not worth covering. You do realize the President needs the Congress to pass bills in order for him to enact laws right? Well, there's now way Congress would pass legislation going back to the gold standard, closing down military bases, and closing the IRS.

You're "savior" lost, oh well. It happens. Time to quit blaming everyone else. Blame the fringe element of your grassroot movement who insulted and spammed every single internet website for 6 months. They did more damage to Paul than anything else.

gapeach
    I'm an American. I must say that there is a lot in this country that I don't agree with. But everytime something doesn't go the way I think it should, I don't run out with a huge billboard and picket the white house. Please stop ruining our already tarnished image. Do something supportive. Adopt a soldier or something and please shut up.....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    because they can't control it as much as FOX news

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not so much censorship as it is a matter of cost-effectiveness for the media. Altogether there were a lot more candidates running; the total for all from both main parties plus all the splinter affiliations was more like 400 candidates altogether, and you never heard of any of them; as a matter of fact, I bet you had no idea that almost 400 people were running for President. The media simply cannot afford to cover all of them, and some of them are real wack jobs (like the guy from the Fascist Union Party who was pictured in his photo wearing an outfit that was like what a Roman Centurion would wear).

Ron Paul happenes to be on the lower edge of the media radar. The bad thing of all this is the media coverage amounts to free campaign publicity for the major couple of candidates. Yesterday I was watching the news on CNN and all day it was Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, McCain, Romney, and nothing else. So the media with its incessant covereage of only a few helps to boost their campaigns at the cost of people like Ron Paul. Then the media declares a winner months before the election and this helps it to rake in the ad revenue.

So it's not about who is running and who is not just the top people, it's all about who will bring in the greatest viewership and thus boost ad revenue. It's all about the money, plain and simple, and Obama brings in more ad dollars for the networks than Ron Paul.

This is why no matter how it all shakes out in the end I will NOT vote for Hillary, Obama, McCain, or Romney. I am not going to give them the media satisfaction. I'll vote for someone else, even if they are long dropped out by then. To hell with the media force-fed circus.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    God...I hate when people ramble.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information